by Snack Out Loud was recently featured on the Bacon Bites blog in a recipe for Apple, Bacon & Caramel Cookies. Yep, our beans add just the right amount of salt to make a great topper to some sweets…even ice cream and cookies!
- 1 bag of wrapped caramels
- 3 tbsp of water
- 5 apples
- 2-3 spoonfuls of peanut butter
- Coconut flakes
- 2 packets of Snack Out Loud Sea Salt Crunchy Bean Snack
- 4-5 pieces of bacon, crumbled
Other toppings to consider:
- Chocolate chips
- Unwrap each caramel and place in a cooking pan. Turn the stove top to medium heat and add water to the caramels.
- Frequently stir the caramel as it slowly melts (about 15-20 minutes).
- Cut off the top and bottom of each apple.
- Slice each apple into thin rings.
- Remove the apple core from each slice.
- Spread peanut butter over one side of the ring.
- Add your choice of toppings.