We’re so delighted to announce we’ve partnered with Mattie of Girl Gone Crunchy to create an appetizer we know will be sure to delight everyone in the family.
Mattie creatively took our Tomato Basil Crunchy Bean Snacks to share a new twist on veggie or mozzarella sticks – Tomato Basil Zucchini Fries. The Tomato Basil Crunchy Bean Snacks are reminiscent of marinara sauce so they pair perfectly with the zucchini. This recipe is quick, kid-friendly, and a whimsical way to get in a serving of vegetables AND plant-based protein.
Whether you’re throwing a BBQ, a fancy soiree or are just looking to jazz up your family dinner routine, these Tomato Basil Zucchini Fries are sure to be a hit! Try out this recipe and let us know what you think by Tweeting at @SnackOutLoud and @GirlGoneCrunchy.
– 2 cups of zucchini; sliced
– 1 egg and 1 egg white
– 1 cup of Snack Out Loud Tomato Basil Crunchy Bean Snacks
– 2 tablespoons of organic Parmesan cheese
– Line a baking sheet with tin foil and preheat your oven to 425 degrees
– Wash your zucchini and cut it into wide “fry” type shapes
– Measure out your Crunchy Bean Snacks, put them in a plastic bag, and SMASH THEM!!! Get all of your angst out! The Crunchy Bean Snacks should be about the same consistency as a panko bread crumb. Try to get them as even as you can
– Once they are properly pulverized, stir in your Parmesan cheese, and place the mixture on a plate or inside a bowl
– Beat your egg and egg white together in a bowl or Tupperware container.
– One by one, take your zucchini slices, dip them in the egg mixture, roll them in the Crunchy Bean Snacks, and place them on your baking sheet
– When all of your zucchini is coated and on your baking sheet, pop it in the oven for 15-20 minutes
– Let the fries cool for 3 minutes
– Serve and ENJOY!!!
Note: These zucchini fries will last in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.